- Title Pages
- One Introduction: the Impact of Post-mao Reforms on Family Life
- Two Urban Families in the Eighties: An Analysis of Chinese Surveys
- Three Urban Households: Supplicants to a Socialist State
- Four Geography, Demography, and Family Composition in Three Southwestern Villages
- Five Family Strategies and Economic Transformation in Rural China: Some Evidence From the Pearl River Delta
- Six Family Strategies and Structures in Rural North China
- Seven Reconstituting Dowry and Brideprice in South China
- Eight Wedding Behavior and Family Strategies in Chengdu
- Nine The Peasantization of the One-child Policy in Shaanxi
- Ten Cultural Support for Birth Limitation among Urban Capital-owning Women
- Eleven Strategies Used by Chinese Families Coping with Schizophrenia
- Twelve Settling Accounts: The Intergenerational Contract in an Age of Reform
- Chinese Families in the Post-Mao Era
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.