- Title Pages
- Comparative Studies of Health Systems and Medical Care
- Textual Notes
- Chapter I Introduction: Possession, Identity, and Power
- Chapter II The Political Economy of the Sambirano
- Chapter III National and Local Factions
- Chapter IV Tera-Tanny and Vahiny
- Chapter V The World of the Spirits
- Chapter VI Sacred Knowledge and Local Power
- Chapter VII Spirit Mediumship and Social Identity
- Chapter VIII The Problems and Conflicts of Town Life
- Chapter IX The Social World of Children
- Chapter X Exorcising the Spirits
- Appendix A Glossary of Malagasy Terms
- Appendix B: List of the Possessed
- The Possessed and the Dispossessed
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.