- Title Pages
- Preface to the Paperback Edition
- Chapter One Medical Malpractice and the Voices of Medicine
- Introduction to Part 1
- Chapter Two The Challenge to Local Medicine
- Chapter Three Competence and Care
- Chapter Four A Crisis of Competence
- Chapter Five National Crises in Obstetrical Care
- Introduction to Part II
- Chapter Six Narrative Strategies in Presentation and Performance
- Chapter Seven The Social Production of Physician Competence
- Introduction To Part III
- Chapter Eight Competence and Clinical Narratives in Oncology
- Chapter Nine Epilogue
- American Medicine
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.