- Title Pages
- A Note on Transliteration
- Chapter 1 An Absent Audience
- Chapter 2 Rāma Stories and Puppet Plays
- Chapter 3 Ambivalent Accommodations: Bhakti and Folk Hinduism
- Chapter 4 The Death of Sarnbukumāraṉ: Kāma and Its Defense
- Chapter 5 Killing Vāli Rāma's Confession
- Chapter 6 Rāvaṇa's First Defeat: The Puppeteers' Oral Commentary
- Chapter 7 The Death of Indrajit: Creating Conversations
- Chapter 8 Rāma's Coronation: The Limits of Restoration
- Appendix A Three Samples of the Puppeteers' Commentary in Transliteration
- Appendix B Sample Commentary in Tamil Script
- Appendix C Main Characters in the Puppeteers' Rāma Story
- Inside the Drama-House
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.