- Title Pages
- 1 An Overview of Northwest Coast Cultures
- 2 The Study of Northwest Coast Slavery
- 3 Methods and Sources
- 4 Slaves and Masters Described
- 5 The Production of Slaves
- 6 Slave Labor
- 7 Transactions in Slaves
- 8 Slaves and Ritual
- 9 The Scale of Slavery on the Northwest Coast
- 10 The Antiquity of Northwest Coast Slavery
- 11 Changes in Slavery, 1780–1880
- 12 Captivity and Slavery in Aboriginal North American Cultures
- 13 Class on the Northwest Coast
- 14 the Place of Slavery In Northwest Coast Culture
- Appendix 1 Tribal Unit Sample Codings On Slavery Variables
- Appendix 2 Tribal Unit Sample Identification and References
- Aboriginal Slavery on the Northwest Coast of North America
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.