- Title Pages
- The publisher gratefully acknowledges the generous contribution to this book provided by the Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation.
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Editorial Principles
- Chapter 1 The Emblematic Woman
- Chapter 2 Bizzarrie Feminile
- Chapter 3 Didone and the Voice of Chastity
- Chapter 4 “Disprezzata regina”
- Chapter 5 The Nymph Calisto and the Myth of Female Pleasure
- Chapter 6 Semiramide and Musical Transvestism
- Chapter 7 Messalina <i>la Meretrice</i>
- Emblems of Eloquence
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.