- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 What Is Specific to Biomedicine?
- 3 Anthropology of Bioethics
- 4 A Critique of Objectivity in International Health
- 5 Suffering and Its Professional Transformation
- 6 Pain and Resistance
- 7 The Social Course of Epilepsy
- 8 Violence, Culture, and the Politics of Trauma
- 9 The New Wave of Ethnographies in Medical Anthropology
- Appendix: Works By Arthur Kleinman
- Writing at the Margin
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.