- Title Pages
- One Narrative As Construct and Construction
- Two “Fiction” and “Historicity” in Doctors' Stories
- Three Cultural Knowledge as Resource in Illness Narratives
- Four Strategic Suffering
- Five Physician Autobiography
- Six “Even if we Don't Have Children [we] Can Live”
- Seven Broken Narratives
- Eight Emergent Narratives
- Nine With Life in One's Lap
- Ten Psychotherapy in Clients' Trajectories Across Contexts
- Eleven Narrative Turns
- Narrative and the Cultural Construction of Illness and Healing
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.