- Title Pages
- One To the Hanging Tree
- Two Alarming Crimes and Unsettling Stories
- Three The Press and the Case
- Four Passing Fair
- Five Fashion and its Discontents
- Six Private Credit and Public Confidence
- Seven Debating the Law
- Eight Writing Her Life: Mrs. Rudd’s Life Stories
- Nine Mrs. Rudd on Trial
- Ten “If Innocents Should Suffer”
- Eleven Looking Back
- The Perreaus and Mrs. Rudd
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.