- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 America’s Sweet Tooth: The Sugar Trust and the Caribbean Lowlands
- Chapter 2 Lords of the Pacific: Sugar Barons in the Hawaiian and Philippine Islands
- Chapter 3 Banana Republics: Yankee Fruit Companies and the Tropical American Lowlands
- Chapter 4 The Last Drop: The American Coffee Market and the Hill Regions of Latin America
- Chapter 5 The Tropical Cost of the Automotive Age: Corporate Rubber Empires and the Rainforest
- Chapter 6 The Crop on Hooves: Yankee Interests in Tropical Cattle Ranching
- Chapter 7 Unsustainable Yield: American Foresters and Tropical Timber Resources
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.