- Title Pages
- Prologue: The Time-Bound and the Timeless in Medieval Ashkenazic Narrative
- Chapter One The Hebrew First Crusade Narratives
- Chapter Two The Mainz Anonymous: Structure, Authorship, Dating, and Objectives
- Chapter Three The Solomon bar Simson Chronicle: The Editorial Prologue and Epilogue
- Chapter Four The Solomon bar Simson Chronicle: The Speyer-Worms-Mainz Unit
- Chapter Five The Solomon bar Simson Chronicle: The Trier and Cologne Units
- Chapter Six The Eliezer bar Nathan Chronicle
- Chapter Seven The Hebrew First Crusade Narratives: Time-Bound Objectives
- Chapter Eight The Historicity of the Hebrew Narratives
- Chapter Nine The Hebrew First Crusade Narratives: The Timeless
- Chapter Ten God, Humanity, and History
- Chapter Eleven Comparative Dimensions: The 1096 Narratives and Classical Jewish Tradition
- Chapter Twelve Comparative Dimensions: The 1096 Narratives and Their Medieval Setting
- Appendix: The Hebrew First Crusade Narratives: Prior Studies on Relationships and Dating
- God, Humanity, and History
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.