- Title Pages
- INTRODUCTION Religion, Emotion, and the Double Self
- ONE The Businessmen's Revival
- TWO The Anxiety of Boston at Mid-Century
- THREE Overexcitement, Economic Collapse, and the Regulation of Business
- FOUR Emotion, Collective Performance, and Value
- FIVE Emotional Religion and the Ministerial “Balance-Wheel”
- SIX Men, Women, and Emotion
- SEVEN Domestic Contracts
- EIGHT Clerks, Apprentices, and Boyculture
- NINE Prayerful Transactions
- TEN Emotion, Character, and Ethnicity
- Epilogue The Meaning of the Revival and Its Legacy
- Appendix 1 History, Religion, and Emotion: A Historiographical Survey
- Appendix 2 Emotion as Heart, Blood, and Body
- Appendix 3 Emotion and the Common Sense Philosophy
- Selected Manuscript Diaries, Journals, Correspondences, and Papers
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.