- Title Pages
- Introduction Staging Monarchy in a Postrevolutionary World
- Part I Politics as Theater
- Chapter One The “Counterrevolutionary” State and the Politics of <i>Oubli</i> (Forgetting)
- Chapter Two The Missionaries
- Chapter Three Competing Commemorations
- part II Theater as Politics
- Chapter Four “Practicing” Politics in an Age of Counterrevolution
- Chapter Five Popular Anticlericalism
- Chapter six Tartufferie
- Selected Bibliography
- Studies on the History of Society and Culture <i>Victoria E. Bonnell and Lynn Hunt, Editors</i>
- Politics and Theater
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.