- Title Pages
- The Joan Palevsky Imprint in Classical Literature
- 1 Philosophic Lives and the Philosophic Life
- 2 Birth, Death, and Divinity in Porphyry’s <i>Life of Plotinus</i>
- 3 Form and Meaning
- 4 Antony as Teacher in the Greek <i>Life</i>
- 5 Philosophy and Simplicity
- 6 Your Honor, My Reputation
- 7 How to Praise a Friend
- 8 Eros Transformed: Same-Sex Love and Divine Desire
- 9 The Rhetoric of Praise in the Private Orations of Themistius
- 10 Strategies of Representation in Collective Biography
- 11 The Syriac Life of Rabbula and Syrian Hellenism
- General Index
- Index Locorum
- Greek Biography and Panegyric in Late Antiquity
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.