- Title Pages
- Maps and Tables
- 1 The Origins of the Ill-Disciplined Prison
- 2 The System: Fragmented Order and Integrative Dynamics
- 3 The Regime: Surveillance, Forced Labor, and Total Care
- 4 Prisoners and Prison Society
- 5 Colonial Prisons in Revolt, 1862–1930
- 6 The Thai Nguyen Rebellion
- 7 Prison Cells and Party Cells: The Indochinese Communist Party in Prison, 1930–1936
- 8 Prisons and the Colonial Press, 1934–1939
- 9 The Prisoner Released
- Select Bibliography
- The Colonial Bastille
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.