- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Body against Spirit: Daniel Boyarin
- Chapter 2 Allegory and Embodiment: Boyarin and Origen
- Chapter 3 Spiritual Bodies: Origen
- Chapter 4 The Figure in the Fulfillment: Erich Auerbach
- Chapter 5 The Preservation of Historical Reality: Auerbach and Origen
- Chapter 6 The Present Occurrence of Past Events: Origen
- Chapter 7 The Literal Sense and Personal Identity: Hans Frei
- Chapter 8 Moses Veiled and Unveiled: Hans Frei and Origen
- Chapter 9 Identity and Transformation: Origen
- Works Cited
- General Index
- Index Locorum
- Christian Figural Reading and the Fashioning of Identity
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.