- Title Pages
- One Comparing Gender in Amazonia and Melanesia: A Theoretical Orientation
- Two Two Forms of Masculine Ritualized Rebirth: The Melanesian Body and the Amazonian Cosmos
- Three The Variety of Fertility Cultism in Amazonia: A Closer Look at Gender Symbolism in Northwestern Amazonia
- Four Reproducing Inequality: The Gender Politics of Male Cults in the Papua New Guinea Highlands and Amazonia
- Five The Genres of Gender: Local Models and Global Paradigms in the Comparison of Amazonia and Melanesia
- Six Age-Based Genders among the Kayapo
- Seven Women's Blood, Warriors' Blood, and the Conquest of Vitality in Amazonia
- Eight Damming the Rivers of Milk? Fertility, Sexuality, and Modernity in Melanesia and Amazonia
- Nine Worlds Overturned: Gender-Inflected Religious Movements in Melanesia and the Amazon
- Ten Same-Sex and Cross-Sex Relations: Some Internal Comparisons
- Eleven The Gender of Some Amazonian Gifts: An Experiment with an Experiment
- Twelve “Strength” and Sexuality: Sexual Avoidance and Masculinity in New Guinea and Amazonia
- Thirteen The Anguish of Gender: Men's Cults and Moral Contradiction in Amazonia and Melanesia
- Fourteen Reflections on the Land of Melazonia
- Name Index
- Subject Index
- Gender in Amazonia and Melanesia
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.