- Title Pages
- Note on Translation and Transliteration
- 1 Locating Aintab in Space and Time
- 2 The People of Aintab and Their World
- 3 Introducing the Court of Aintab
- İne’s Story: A Child Marriage in Trouble
- 4 Gender, Class, and Social Hierarchy
- 5 Morality and Self-Representation at Court
- 6 Women, Property, and the Court
- Haciye Sabah’s Story: A Teacher on Trial
- 7 Negotiating Legitimacy through the Law
- 8 Punishment, Violence, and the Court
- Fatma’s Story: The Dilemma of a Pregnant Peasant Girl
- Morality Tales
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.