- Title Pages
- Illustrations and Tables
- One On the History of the Book in China
- Two The Ascendance of the Imprint in China
- Three Of Three Mountains Street
- Four Constructing New Reading Publics in Late Ming China
- Five Reading the Best-Sellers of the Nineteenth Century Commercial Publishing in Sibao
- Six Niche Marketing for Late Imperial Fiction
- Seven Printing as Performance Literati Playwright-Publishers of the Late Ming
- Eight Qing Publishing in Non-Han Languages
- Nine “Preserving the Bonds of Kin” Genealogy Masters and Genealogy Production in the Jiangsu-Zhejiang Area in the Qing and Republican Periods
- Ten Visual Hermeneutics and the Act of Turning the Leaf
- Eleven Didactic Illustrations in Printed Books
- Works Cited
- Studies on China
- Printing and Book Culture in Late Imperial China
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.