- Title Pages
- Chapter I “They Shall Take up Serpents”
- Chapter 2 The History of Pentecostalism Absent the Serpent
- Chapter 3 The Media and the Man
- Chapter 4 Serpent Handling Endorsed by the Church of God
- Chapter 5 The Serpent
- Chapter 6 Trance States
- Chapter 7 Extemporaneous Sermons in the Serpent-handling Tradition
- Chapter 8 The Experience of Handling Serpents
- Chapter 9 The Experience of the Anointing
- Chapter 10 Near-Death Experience from Serpent Bites in Religious Settings
- Chapter 11 Music among Serpent-Handling Churches
- Chapter 12 Serpent Handling and the Law
- Appendix 1 Deaths by Serpent Bite
- Appendix 2 Deaths by Poison
- Appendix 3 The Phenomenological Interview and Hermeneutic Techniques of Interpretation
- Them That Believe
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.