- Title Pages
- Introduction: Prisms of Belonging and Alternative Modernities
- Chapter 1 Internationalizing Region, Expanding City, Neighborhoods in Transition
- Chapter 2 Migration, Space, and Belonging
- Chapter 3 Religious Discourses and the Politics of Modernity
- Chapter 4 Medical Pluralism: Medicina Popular and Medicina Alternativa
- Chapter 5 Becoming a Mujercita: Rituals, Fiestas, and Religious Discourses
- Chapter 6 Neither Married, Widowed, Single, or Divorced: Gender Negotiation, Compliance, and Resistance
- Appendix A Homeopathic Principles
- Appendix B Trees of Life and Death: Biblical Education
- Migration, Mujercitas, and Medicine Men
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.