- Title Pages
- The S. Mark Taper Foundation
- Introduction: Crypto-Jewish Descent: An Ethnographic Study in Historical Perspective
- Chapter 1 Secrecy, Antisemitism, and the Dangers of Jewishness
- Chapter 2 Women and the Persistence of Culture: Ritual, Custom, and the Recovery of Sephardic Ancestry
- Chapter 3 The Self-in-Relation and the Transformation of Religious Consciousness
- Chapter 4 Syncretism and Faith Blending in Modern Crypto-Judaism
- Chapter 5 Conversion and the Rekindling of the Jewish Soul
- Chapter 6 Jewish Ancestry and the Social Construction of Ethnic Identity
- Conclusion Ethnic Loss and the Future of Crypto-Jewish Culture
- Selected Bibliography
- Hidden Heritage
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.