- Title Pages
- Part I The Proverbial Trees
- Chapter 1 “Blest Be the Tie that Binds”
- Chapter 2 “Blest Be the Tie that Binds”
- Chapter 3 “Our God, Our Help in Ages Past”
- Chapter 4 “Father, I Stretch My Hands to Thee”
- Chapter 5 “I Love the Lord, He Heard My Cries”
- Chapter 6 “Go Preach My Gospel, Saith the Lord”
- Part II The Proverbial Forest
- Chapter 7 “I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say”
- Chapter 8 “come Ye that Love the Lord”
- Chapter 9 “God Moves in a Mysterious Way”
- Appendix A Selection of Transcribed and Discussed Performances
- Appendix B. Partial Annotated List of Recorded Lining-out Performances Held in the Archive of Folk Culture, Library of Congress
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.