- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration
- 1. Introduction: Inscription into the National Narrative
- 2. Palestinian Women and the Rule of the British Mandate
- 3. The “Woman Question” in Palestine and the Debate in the Arabic Press
- 4 The Roots of Movement: Charity and the Nation
- 5 Woman Is All the Nation: The Palestinian Women's Movement, 1929–1939
- 6 The Politics of the Women's Movement: The Question of Feminism, Nationalism, and the “New” Woman
- 7 Pan-Arabism and the 1940s
- Appendix I Sources from the Palestinian Press
- Appendix II Members of the Arab Women's Executive Committee
- The Nation and Its "New" Women
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.