- Title Pages
- Note on Translation and Transliteration
- Chapter 1 My House and Yours: Egyptian State Servants and the New Geography of Nationalism
- Chapter 2 Inside Egypt: The Harem, the Hovel, and the Western Construction of an Egyptian National Landscape
- Chapter 3 Domesticating Egypt: The Gendered Politics of the British Occupation
- Chapter 4 The Home, the Classroom, and the Cultivation of Egyptian Nationalism
- Chapter 5 Table Talk: The Home Economics of Nationhood
- Chapter 6 Reform on Display: The Family Politics of the 1919 Revolution
- Conclusion: It’s a Girl! Gender and the Birth of Modern Egyptian Nationalism
- Published Sources
- Textbooks in Arabic
- Works in Arabic, English, and French
- Nurturing the Nation
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.