- Title Pages
- Dramatis Personae
- Chapter 1 Toward an Anthropological Framework for Studying Contemporary Europe
- Chapter 2 The Histories of the Regional Political Economy
- Chapter 3 Regulating Social Life Through Uncertainty and Fear
- Chapter 4 From Insecurity to Dependency
- Chapter 5 From Insecurity to Movement
- Chapter 6 Families and Entrepreneurs
- Chapter 7 Flexible Structures and Torn Lives
- Chapter 8: The Culture of Politics, the Politics of Culture
- Chapter 9: The Power of Ethnography
- References Cited
- Immediate Struggles
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.