- Title Pages
- Editor’s Note
- Chapter 1 Foreword to the 1925 Pacific Biological Laboratories Catalog
- Chapter 2 “Zoological Introduction” to Between Pacific Tides
- Chapter 3 “The Philosophy of ‘Breaking Through’”
- Chapter 4 “A Spiritual Morphology of Poetry”
- Chapter 5 “Essay on Non-teleological Thinking”
- Chapter 6 “Verbatim Transcription of Notes of Gulf of California Trip, March–April 1940”
- Chapter 7 “Thesis and Materials for a Script on Mexico”
- Chapter 8 “Outline and Conspectus” for a Book on the Mandated Islands
- Chapter 9 “Transcript of Summer 1945 and 1946 Notes Based on Trips to the Outer Shores, West Coast of Vancouver Island, Queen Charlotte Islands, and So On”
- Chapter 10 “Investigator Blames Industry, Nature for Shortage”
- Living at the Lab with My Father
- Early Days: Nicknames and Such
- Works Cited
- Breaking Through
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.