- Title Pages
- Musical Examples
- Editorial Procedure
- 1 Orpheus in Venice
- 2 Discoveries and Reception
- 3 Sources and Authenticity
- 4 Two Scores
- 5 Ancients and Moderns
- 6 A Master of Three Servants
- 7 Constructions of Character
- 8 The Philosopher and the Parasite
- Appendix 1 Giacomo Badoaro, <i>Il ritorno dʼUlisse</i>, Preface
- Appendix 2 Argomento et Scenario delle <i>Nozze dʼEnea in Lavinia</i>
- Appendix 3 Giacomo Badoaro, <i>Ulisse errante</i>, Preface
- Appendix 4 <i>Lʼincoronazione di Poppea:</i> Argomento, Scenario, Preface
- Appendix 5 <i>Il ritorno dʼUlisse:</i> Badoaro's Argomento Compared with Dolce's <i>Allegorie</i> and Dolce's Argomenti Compared with Badoaro's Structure
- Appendix 6 <i>Le nozze dʼEnea e Lavinia:</i> Scenario Compared with Dolce's <i>Allegorie</i>
- Appendix 7 Supernatural Scenes
- Appendix 8 Singers
- Monteverdi's Last Operas
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.