- Title Pages
- The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imprint in Jewish Studies
- California Studies in 20th-Century Music
- Note on Transliteration
- Chapter 1 “Trifles of Jewish Music”
- Chapter 2 Zhidï and Yevrei in a Neonationalist Context
- Chapter 3 Racial Mystique
- Chapter 4 Denied and Accepted Stereotypes
- Chapter 5 The Confines of Judaism and the Elusiveness of Universality
- Chapter 6 Uneasy Parallels
- Chapter 7 Torsos and Abstractions
- Chapter 8 On the Ashes of the Holocaust
- Chapter 9 A Taste for “the Things of Heaven”
- Postscript: “Castle of Purity”
- Jewish Identities
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.