- Title Pages
- Figures and Tables
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 The Physical World
- Chapter 3 Forest Mélange
- Chapter 4 A Rose by Any Name
- Chapter 5 My Botanical Contest with Miss Alice Eastwood
- Chapter 6 Wild Creatures of the Klamaths
- Chapter 7 Change Is the Only Constant
- Chapter 8 First Peoples of the Rivers
- Chapter 9 Gold Is Where You Find It
- Chapter 10 Green Grass and Green Gold
- Chapter 11 Dam the World
- Chapter 12 Modern Myths and Monsters
- Chapter 13 Principles of Future Sustainability
- Chapter 14 Hard Times for Hardrock
- Chapter 15 Forests for the Future
- Chapter 16 Restoring the Rivers
- Chapter 17 Steward’s Fork
- Appendix Biota Mentioned in the Text
- References and Further Reading
- (p.1) Chapter 1 Introduction
- Steward's Fork
James K. Agee
- University of California Press
This book explores the ecosystem dynamics of the Klamath Mountains, with their complex geologic history and diverse flora and fauna. It describes the natural disturbances and human activities that have affected the ecosystems of the Klamaths in various ways. The chapter also emphasizes the principles of sustainable management to effectively steward the land.
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.