- Title Pages
- The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imprint in Jewish Studies
- Hellenistic Culture and Society
- 1 Theophrastus on Jewish Sacrificial Practices and the Jews as a Community of Philosophers
- 2 Aristotle, the Learned Jew, and the Indian Kalanoi in Clearchus
- 3 The Jewish Ethnographic Excursus by Hecataeus of Abdera
- 4 Megasthenes on the“Physics”of the Greeks, Brahmans, and Jews
- 5 Hermippus of Smyrna on Pythagoras, the Jews, and the Thracians
- 6 The Diachronic Libels and Accusations (A)
- 7 The Diachronic Libels and Accusations (B)
- 8 Agatharchides of Cnidus On the Sabbath as a Superstition
- 9 The Diachronic Libels and Accusations (C)
- 10 Posidonius of Apamea (A)
- 11 Posidonius of Apamea (B)
- 12 Posidonius of Apamea (C)
- 13 Posidonius of Apamea (D)
- 14 The Geographical Description of Jerusalem by Timochares, the siege, and the Libels
- 15 The Anti-Jewish Ethnographic Treatise by Apollonius Molon
- Appendix The God of Moses in Strabo
- The Image of the Jews in Greek Literature
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.