- Title Pages
- To my mother and in memory of my father
- 1. Wagner Lives: Issues in Autobiography
- 2. “Pale” Senta Female Sacrifice and the Desire for Heimat
- 3. Wagner the Progressive: Another Look at Lohengrin
- 4. Fairy Tale, Revolution, Prophecy Preliminary Evening: Das Rheingold
- 5. Symphonic Mastery or Moral Anarchy? First Day: Die Walküre
- 6. Siegfried Hero Second Day: Siegfried
- 7. Finishing the End Third Day: Götterdämmerung
- 8. Don Carlos and Götterdämmerung Two Operatic Endings and Walter Benjamin's Trauerspiel
- 9. Wagner's Greeks, and Wieland's Too
- 10. Dangerous Fascinations
- 11. Public and Private Life Reflections on the Genesis of Tristan und Isolde and the Wesendonck Lieder
- 12. Postmortem on Isolde
- 13. Strange Love, Or, How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Parsifal
- 14. Mendelssohn and the Strange Case of the (Lost) Symphony in C
- 15. Unfinished Symphonies
- 16. Configurations of the New
- 17. Wagner and Beyond
- Wagner Beyond Good and Evil
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.