- Title Pages
- Asia: Local Studies/Global Themes
- ONE The Goujian Story in Antiquity
- TWO The Burden of National Humiliation
- THREE The Plight of Chiang Kai-shek’s Taiwan
- FOUR Crisis and Response
- FIVE Political Allegory in the 1980s
- SIX The Goujian Story in a Privatizing China
- Character List
- Speaking to History
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.