- Title Pages
- The Joan Palevsky Imprint in Classical Literature
- Sources and Abbreviations
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Art and Ritual of Kingship within and between Rome and Sasanian Iran
- 3 The Lure of the Other and the Limits of the Past
- 4 Šāpūr I, King of Kings of Iran and Non-Iran
- 5 Rome’s Troubled Third Century and the Emergence of a New Equilibrium
- 6 Contested Images of Sacral Kingship and New Expressions of Triumph
- 7 Unceasing Embassies
- 8 City as Stage and Art as Statecraft
- 9 The Late Antique Kosmos of Power
- Epilogue: The Legacy of the Two Eyes of the Earth
- Ancient and Medieval Sources
- New Persian
- Old Iranian
- Old Persian
- The Two Eyes of the Earth
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.