- Title Pages
- To Shula and Dario Di-Capua
- 1 Historicizing Ottoman Egypt: 1890–1906
- 2 Talking History: 1906–1920
- 3 The ‘Ābdīn House of Records: The 1920s
- 4 Competing for History: 1930–1952
- 5 Ghurbāl’s School: 1930–1952
- 6 Partisan Historiography: The 1940s and Beyond
- 7 Demonstrating History: The 1950s
- 8 Controlling History: The 1960s
- 9 Authoritarian Pluralism: 1970–2000
- Newspapers and Periodicals
- Sources in Arabic
- Sources in Hebrew
- Sources in Western Languages
- Gatekeepers of the Arab Past
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.