- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Understanding Cultural Incorporation
- Chapter 2 Music and Style
- Chapter 3 Racial Authenticity, “Acting Black,” and Cultural Consumption
- Chapter 4 Two Types of Racial Discrimination
- Chapter 5 Positive Attitudes and (Some) Negative Behaviors
- Chapter 6 Balancing Acts
- Chapter 7 Ethnic and Racial Boundaries
- Chapter 8 Explaining Youth Cultures, Improving Academic Achievement
- Appendix Research Sites and Methods
- Works Cited
- Balancing Acts
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.