- Title Pages
- The George Gund Foundation Imprint in African American Studies
- Chapter 1 The Settlement of New Philadelphia
- Chapter 2 Expansion and Decline
- Chapter 3 It Was Never Lost
- Chapter 4 From Grass Roots to a National Movement
- Chapter 5 The First Field Season
- Chapter 6 Race and the Illusion of Harmony
- Chapter 7 The Apple Festival and National Significance
- Chapter 8 Family Reunion and Division
- Chapter 9 Three Generations of Building and One Hundred Years of Living in New Philadelphia
- Chapter 10 A Case for Landmark Status
- Chapter 11 Some Thoughts, but Not the Final Word
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.