- Title Pages
- Authors Imprint
- Note on Transliteration
- 1 From Trade Diasporas to Circulation Societies
- 2 Old Julfa, the Great Deportations, and the Founding of New Julfa
- 3 The Julfan Trade Network I: The World of the Indian Ocean
- 4 The Julfan Trade Network II: The Mediterranean, Northwestern European, and Russian Networks
- 5 “The salt in a merchant’s letter”: Business Correspondence and the Courier System
- 6 The Circulation of Men and Credit: The Commenda and the Family Firm
- 7 Trust, Social Capital, and Networks: Informal and Semiformal Institutions at Work
- 8 The Center Cannot Hold: The Decline and Collapse of the Julfan Trade Network
- 9 Conclusion: Comparative Thoughts on Julfan Armenians, Multani Indians, and Sephardic Jews
- Archival Sources
- Printed Primary Sources and Reference Books
- Secondary Sources
- University of California Press Gratefully Acknowledges the following Generous Donors to the Authors Imprint Endowment Fund of the University of California Press Foundation.
- From the Indian Ocean to the Mediterranean
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.