- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Chapter 1 Forgeries of History
- Chapter 2 The Visual Culture of White Poverty as the History of South Africa and the United States
- Chapter 3 The White Primitive
- Chapter 4 The Roots of White Poverty
- Chapter 5 Origin Stories about Segregationist Philanthropy
- Chapter 6 Carnegie in Africa and the Knowledge Politics of Apartheid
- Chapter 7 “I’ll Give You Something to Cry About”
- Appendix A Carnegie’s Scientific Investments
- Appendix B: Commonwealth Funding History
- Appendix C: Common Terms
- Appendix D: Afrikaner Nationalist Associations of Poor White Study Researchers
- Selected Bibliography
- Waste of a White Skin
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.