- Title Pages
- Key Figures
- One “Informational Goulash”
- Two “In Violation of the Law of Nations”
- Three “The Enemy Comes from Our People”
- Four “The Door of History”
- Five “A Bed to Drop Dead In”
- Six “ARENA’s Achilles’ Heel”
- Seven Baby Robbers, Mad Bombers, and Other Assorted Criminals
- Eight “You’re Making a Lot of Noise”
- Nine “You Know Better Than to Ask That”
- Ten “A Rabid Anti-Communist”
- Eleven “We Don’t Have a Clue What the Hell Is Going On”
- Twelve “God Forgive Me for What I’m Going to Do”
- Thirteen “There Must Have Been a Thousand Romeros”
- Fourteen “Of a Magnitude That Is Hardly Describable”
- Fifteen “The Fleas Always Stick to the Skinniest Dog”
- Selected Bibliography
- (p.169) Afterword
- Assassination of a Saint
- University of California Press
Today’s El Salvador is not what Blessed Archbishop Romero dreamed yesterday even if through him “God passed through El Salvador.” This is one of the most brilliant and memorable phrases of another Salvadoran martyr, Ignacio Ellacuría, the Jesuit murdered with his colleagues and two women in 1989. God certainly walked hand in hand the length and breadth of the small country with Romero. And because of his transcendence, the legacy of this good shepherd transcended borders to become the most universal among any of us born in this land. But it is a land that continues to be soaked in blood, with the majority of its people still suffering from exclusion and inequality. As a result, people still flee El Salvador, regardless of the risks, to find safety in other lands that they do not enjoy in their own....
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.