- Title Pages
- Preface to the Third Edition
- Part I Religion in Popular Culture
- Chapter One The Origin(s) of Superman
- Chapter Two The Oriental Monk in American Popular Culture
- Chapter Three Adventure Time and Sacred History
- Chapter Four Monstrous Muslims
- Chapter Five The Weight of the World
- Part II Popular Culture in Religion
- Chapter Six Christmas Is Like a Snowball
- Chapter Seven Mipsterz
- Chapter Eight Megachurches, Celebrity Pastors, and the Evangelical Industrial Complex
- Chapter Nine People of the Picture Book
- Chapter Ten Meditation on the Go
- Part III Popular Culture as Religion
- Chapter Eleven It’s About Faith In Our Future
- Chapter Twelve Shopping, Religion, and the Sacred “Buyosphere”
- Chapter Thirteen Losing Their Way to Salvation
- Chapter Fourteen The “Godding Up” of American Sports
- Chapter Fifteen Celebrity Worship as Parareligion
- Part IV Religion and Popular Culture in Dialogue
- Chapter Sixteen Yoga in Popular Culture
- Chapter Seventeen Mirror, Mirror on Ourselves
- Chapter Eighteen Can Watching a Movie Be a Spiritual Experience?
- Chapter Nineteen Rap Music and Its Message
- Chapter Twenty Broadswords and Face Paint
- Religion and Popular Culture in America, Third Edition
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.