- Title Pages
- 1 Philiphê Bỉnh and the Catholic Geographies of Tonkin
- 2 A Catholic Community in Crisis
- 3 Journeys
- 4 Arrival in Lisbon and First Encounters
- 5 Invoking the Padroado
- 6 Waiting for Bỉnh in Tonkin and Macao
- 7 Life in Lisbon and the Casa do Espirito Santo, 1807–33
- 8 The Tales of Philiphê Bỉnh
- Appendix 1 Time Line
- Appendix 2 Cast of Characters
- Appendix 3 Texts Used by Bỉnh in His Writing Projects
- Vietnamese Moses
George E. Dutton
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.