- Title Pages
- Editor's Preface
- The Contributors
- One A Historical Background to Anthropology in the Papua New Guinea Highlands
- Two In the Footprints of Reo Fortune
- Three Into the Unknown!
- Four Journey along Mythic Paths
- Five An Innocent in the Garden of Eden
- Six Kainantu: Recollections of a First Encounter
- Seven Meeting the Mendi
- Eight Encounters with the Huli: Fieldwork at Tari in the 1950s
- Nine Looking Backward and Forward
- Ethnographic Presents
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.