- Title Pages
- Sekito Kisen and the Sandokai
- Notes to the Reader
- The Sandokai
- First Talk
- Second Talk
- Third Talk
- Fourth Talk
- Fifth Talk
- Sixth Talk
- Seventh Talk
- Eighth Talk
- Ninth Talk
- Tenth Talk
- A Short Talk During Aazen
- Eleventh Talk
- Twelfth Talk
- Talk Given to a Visiting Class
- <i>Oneness of One and Many</i>
- Lineage Chart of Teachers Mentioned in the Text
- (p.151) Eleventh Talk
- Branching Streams Flow in the Darkness
- University of California Press
This chapter presents a transcript of Suzuki Roshi's eleventh talk on the Sandokai. It focuses on these lines from the poem: Hearing the words, understand the meaning; don't set up standards of your own. If you don't understand the way right before you, how will you know the path as you walk?
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.