- Title Pages
- By Way of a Preface: Defining <i>Erotic Grotesque Nonsense</i>
- Japanese Modern within Modernity
- 1 The Modern Girl as Militant: (<i>Movement on the Streets</i>)
- 2 The Café Waitress Sang the Blues
- 3 Friends of the Movies: (<i>From Ero to Empire</i>)
- 4 The Household Becomes Modern Life
- 1 Asakusa Eroticism
- 2 Down-and-Out Grotesquerie
- 3 Modern Nonsense
- Freeze Frames: (<i>An Epilogue in Montage</i>)
- Journals Cited
- Japanese-Language Sources
- English-Language Sources
- Erotic Grotesque Nonsense
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.