- Title Pages
- The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imprint in Jewish Studies
- Jewish Communities in the Modern World
Chapter 1The Resettlement (1656–1700)
Chapter 2Bankers and Brokers, Peddlers and Pickpockets (1700–1800)
Chapter 3Poverty to Prosperity (1800–1870)
Chapter 4Native Jews and Foreign Jews (1870–1914)
Chapter 5The Great War to the Holocaust (1914–1945)
Chapter 6The Fracturing of Anglo-Jewry (1945–2000)
- Glossary of Hebrew and Yiddish Words
- The Jews of Britain, 1656 to 2000
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.