- Title Pages
- Introduction: <i>Government and Citizenship</i>
- PART I In Pol Pot Time
- Chapter 1 Land of No More Hope
- Chapter 2 A Hilton in the Border Zone
- Chapter 3 The Refugee as an Ethical Figure
- Chapter 4 Refugee Medicine: <i>Attracting and Deflecting the Gaze</i>
- Chapter 5 Keeping the House from Burning Down
- Chapter 6 Refugee Love as Feminist Compassion
- Chapter 7 Rescuing the Children
- Chapter 8 The Ambivalence of Salvation
- Chapter 9 Guns, Gangs, and Doughnut Kings
- Chapter 10 Asian Immigrants as the New Westerners?
- Afterword: <i>Assemblages of Human Needs</i>
- Buddha Is Hiding
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.