- Title Pages
- Asia: Local Studies/Global Themes
- Chapter 1 From Imperial Capital to Republican City
- Chapter 2 Power: The City and Its People
- Chapter 3 Tradition: The City and the Nation
- Chapter 4 Production: Beijing in a New Economic System
- Chapter 5 Consumption: Spatial and Temporal Hierarchies
- Chapter 6 Recycling: The Tianqiao District
- Chapter 7 Sociology: Examining Urban Ills
- Chapter 8 History: Recording Old Beijing
- chapter 9 Literature: Writing New Beijing
- Republican Beijing
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.