- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Music Examples
- CD Playlist
- Chapter 1 “Cello-and-Bow Thinking”: <i>The First Movement of Boccherini's Cello Sonata in E♭ Major, Fuori Catalogo</i>
- Chapter 2 “As My Works Show Me to Be”: <i>Biographical</i>
- Chapter 3 Gestures and Tableaux
- Chapter 4 Virtuosity, Virtuality, Virtue
- Chapter 5 A Melancholy Anatomy
- Chapter 6 “It Is All Cloth of the Same Piece”: <i>The Early String Quartets</i>
- Chapter 7 The Perfect Listener: <i>A Recreation</i>
- Appendix: Chronological Table of String Quartets
- Boccherini's Body
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.