- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Borrowed Gods
- Chapter 2 Missions in Chinese History
- Chapter 3 Metaphors of Mindlessness
- Chapter 4 Gods of the Lump
- Chapter 5 The Lexicon of Babel
- Chapter 6 Babel Embodied
- Chapter 7 The Idolatrous Body
- Chapter 8 Obeisance and Dis-obeisiance
- Chapter 9 How the Heathen See the Light
- Chapter 10 Blessed Are the Meat-Eaters
- Chapter 11 The Other Smells
- Chapter 12 The Spectacle of Missionary Bodies
- Chapter 13 Under the Spotlight, and the Disappearing Act
- Chapter 14 Foreign Bodies
- Abbreviations Used in the Notes
- Borrowed Gods and Foreign Bodies
- University of California Press
California Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.